How to Lead a Virtual Meeting or Conference Call in English
The ability to lead a virtual meeting or conference call is an important skill and requires the ability to organize, guide and direct the conversation to achieve the objectives outlined in the agenda. Effective communicators establish credibility by setting a professional tone at the beginning, clarifying expected outcomes and using concise, professional language to take a leadership role during online meetings ensuring that the discussion stays focused on meeting objectives.
In this workshop, trainees learn how to structure and lead the participants through a virtual meeting using concise, detailed, and practical language. They learn how to set the tone at the beginning, keep the discussion focused and summarize key takeaways and actions points at the end of a conference call or virtual meeting.
What you'll learn:
• How to use a communication framework to begin your meeting in a structured way
• How to handle attendance and absences at the beginning of a virtual meeting
• How to manage introductions professionally
• How to describe meeting objectives and expected outcomes
• How to guide the attendees through the meeting
• How to bring your virtual meeting to a successful end
• How to review action points from the previous meeting and manage the agenda
• How to summarize and review what was covered and highlight action points
What to expect:
A friendly and supportive learning environment where you can enjoy your time, meet new people and learn something valuable
Presenter / Speaker:
Brian Mc Closkey, the CEO of NextGen Corporate Language Training, has over 30 yeas of experience in communication and corporate training. In addition to business development and management, Brian designs specialized training content for global companies in Taiwan and China, mentors senior managers in multinational corporations and consults with the Ministry of Economic Affairs in Taiwan.
Who are these workshops for?
These interactive BCCT Talent Development Workshops are targeted at native Chinese speaking professionals who want to enhance their business communication skills for global business. Each event combines insights into best practice business communication style with practical learning activities that give attendees opportunities to collaborate in groups to discuss and complete learning tasks. These workshops are delivered in a supportive learning environment allowing attendees to share ideas and participate in interactive learning activities.