Learn how to discuss complex global issues with international colleagues
Do you find it challenging to have meaningful conversations? Do you find yourself having conversations that focus on small talk?
Building long-term relationships in business means sharing ideas with international colleagues and customers and having conversations about important issues not related to work. This requires the ability to have meaningful conversations about complex issues. It means communicating concisely, providing insights and ideas and using culturally sensitive language that emphasizes diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who is this Workshop For?
This workshop is designed for non-native English speaking professionals who want to share ideas and engage in meaningful discussions about important global issues. By using a global communication style and appropriate language, they build trust and gain influence, while avoiding common mistakes that undermine credibility.
What You'll Learn
In this workshop, trainees learn how to participate in meaningful discussions about the pros and cons of globalization,
• how to use a global communication style, including inclusive, empathetic language to build trust
• how to use culturally-sensitive language when expressing ideas and presenting opinions
• how to discuss the pros and cons of globalization using high-quality language
• how to present persuasive ideas by focusing on key issues and providing support
• how to use inclusive language to express ideas, manage different viewpoints and avoid confrontation
What to Expect
This interactive workshop, which is delivered in a supportive learning environment, combines insights into global business communication style with the communication skills and professional language needed to engage in meaningful discussions about globalization. Trainees collaborate to share ideas about the pros and cons of globalization. They learn to present ideas in a structured way using language that is in line with global standards in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.